The Lottery

About Me!!!!

My photo
My name is Joshua Freeland and as you may have guessed this is my blog. I live in east london (sadly) and attend a sixth form in Barking. Im not going to preech like other people about how 'media has changed my life forever, and that I would swap my my cat for a camera, but I will say that I think this subject gets a lot if slack whichit dont deserve it. In my experience I have had amazing teachers and even better peers. I hope what you find something here that will teach you just how effective media can be......Love the Freeland

Thursday 23 September 2010

Best shots from Amelia


For me this is one of the best shots within the film Amelia. At first this shot can look normal and boring , but its the feeling you get from the shot which makes it special. From the simple choice of prop , to the comedic facial expressions , you gain a connection with the character. This type of shot is used frequently within the film where Amelia will look directly at the camera as if she is addressing the audience. Although no words are spoken to the camera , there is no need as her facial expression do enough to allow you to understand what she is feeling and thinking. The spoon in her hand adds emphasis to the innocents which is already being portrayed. Theses types of shots are what make the film unique and gives it that difference to other similar films. You gain a connection with the character , making you more interested naturally as you follow her journey. This is a brilliant technique as it keeps your audience interested. The colours used are also very plain but that suits the character herself , who may seem very ordinary at look. I believe this what the director could have been aiming for. As they make Amelia look normal , it makes her journey look more extraordinary. The contrast of the two is what the story is built around.












No comments:

Post a Comment